Moen Faucets - MOEN will replace your faucet with one they can't possibly sell.
After a plumber charged me $160 to tell me the MOEN cartridge did not fix my leak & I would have to replace both bathroom faucets (for another service call $$$) I found the 'lifetime warranty' papers for all the MOEN faucets in my home. Granted, the serviceman should have informed me that MOEN had a lifetime warranty on their faucets and not charged me for the cartridge, but it was too late then. I called MOEN & MOEN did send out new faucets (they warned me they were slightly different,... more rounded.) I took plumbing lessons & did the install myself. I kept thinking I must have gotten something wrong. Had several people look at it before I realized the problem.
I made the call to MOEN (Tuesday) & explained the problem. I told him that the faucets were pre-assembled & looked like the photo on the box (pointer on bottom) but the pointer would point at the cold when the handle is turned to the left (hot.) The service rep told me not to go by the photo on the box. He said the picture on the instructions was correct (the pointer on the one-handled faucet should be on top.) End of that conversation (I think it was their closing time.)
Next day (Wednesday) I called back. I said there's no way (& sent pictures to prove it) the handle can be turned around 180 degrees since the set screw is offset & has a 'U' shaped slot. Actually it could, but would look absolutely ridiculous. After reviewing the photos, 'Brandon'-the Wednesday service rep, said the photo on the instructions was from an older model & to go by the photo on the box. After my suggesting there's a HUGE DESIGN FLAW in that scenario, Brandon kept insisting the faucet was assembled correctly. (The picture on the box showed a different hot & cold cap than the one I had. And unlike Brandon's condescending comment of, 'That's why we put the 'H' and 'C' on the handle',... there IS no 'H' and 'C' on this faucet handle.) I'm not happy.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Replacement idea
What I disliked
- Service after the replacement
- Reason of review:
- Replacement has HUGE design flaw.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bathroom Faucet
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
You May Also Like
- "Very disappointed with our Coast Spa and the service provided to keep it running....Motor #2 was not functioning, so I called the dealer for servicing and was told that it..."
- "I am in this business for 27 years and all I do is service and repair of pool and spa heaters. Correct sizing, installation and proper annual maintenance will insure..."
- "Absolute worst company, owner sub contract everything to the lowest bidder and it shows, and sub par unlicensed contractors is what I got not mention it took 5 months to..."
- "Drove up to the drive thru after work at 12:30am and this is what I find...are you kidding me? Then some ghetto dude in the parking lot says "heyyyyy girl"...."
- "I bought a package out of the vending machine at work on December 1st, 2015. They had not yet expired, but would be by December 19th, 2015. I didn't look..."
- "OMG the cable installer was as dumb as mud he was asking me were the cables were to be found. He drilled 11 holes into my siding after I told..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."
- "Do not buy from this company. I bought items on Oct 11th for my daughters birthday and I still have not received them.I have sent numerous emails and all I..."