After a plumber charged me $160 to tell me the MOEN cartridge did not fix my leak & I would have to replace both bathroom faucets (for another service call $$$) I found the 'lifetime warranty' papers for all the MOEN faucets in my home. Granted, the serviceman should have informed me that MOEN had a lifetime warranty on their faucets and not charged me for the cartridge, but it was too late then. I called MOEN & MOEN did send out new faucets (they warned me they were slightly different,... more rounded.) I took plumbing lessons & did the install myself. I kept thinking I must have gotten something wrong. Had several people look at it before I realized the problem.
I made the call to MOEN (Tuesday) & explained the problem. I told him that the faucets were pre-assembled & looked like the photo on the box (pointer on bottom) but the pointer would point at the cold when the handle is turned to the left (hot.) The service rep told me not to go by the photo on the box. He said the picture on the instructions was correct (the pointer on the one-handled faucet should be on top.) End of that conversation (I think it was their closing time.)
Next day (Wednesday) I called back. I said there's no way (& sent pictures to prove it) the handle can be turned around 180 degrees since the set screw is offset & has a 'U' shaped slot. Actually it could, but would look absolutely ridiculous. After reviewing the photos, 'Brandon'-the Wednesday service rep, said the photo on the instructions was from an older model & to go by the photo on the box. After my suggesting there's a HUGE DESIGN FLAW in that scenario, Brandon kept insisting the faucet was assembled correctly. (The picture on the box showed a different hot & cold cap than the one I had. And unlike Brandon's condescending comment of, 'That's why we put the 'H' and 'C' on the handle',... there IS no 'H' and 'C' on this faucet handle.) I'm not happy.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Replacement idea
What I disliked
- Service after the replacement
- Reason of review:
- Replacement has HUGE design flaw.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bathroom Faucet
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
You May Also Like
- "Having the same problem with lights and audio. It worked fine for about 2 months and then the lights started flickering and then audio cut off and wouldn't work. Then..."
- "Our new spa was delivered today and the main pump would not start up..it would only hum. The delivery guy tried both speed settings and got nothing but a hum..He..."
- "Well in June of 2008 I purchased a Cal Spa Victory Extreme Lounger L-08-VX869LG-60 which was manufactured Feb 08. The spa is terrific works fine no major failed parts..."
- "I have used them for a little under three years for connection as disconnection of my 5FU for Stage 4 cancer. Their nurses have all been pretty good but their..."
- "We order and received a wig. it was very poor quality. You could see stitches in the crown of the wig. No matter how you tried to..."
- "I hired this "company" to remove leaves from my yard. When they arrived they told me that they were not going to do my back yard because all the leaves..."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."