Moen Faucets - MOEN will replace your faucet with one they can't possibly sell.
After a plumber charged me $160 to tell me the MOEN cartridge did not fix my leak & I would have to replace both bathroom faucets (for another service call $$$) I found the 'lifetime warranty' papers for all the MOEN faucets in my home. Granted, the serviceman should have informed me that MOEN had a lifetime warranty on their faucets and not charged me for the cartridge, but it was too late then. I called MOEN & MOEN did send out new faucets (they warned me they were slightly different,... more rounded.) I took plumbing lessons & did the install myself. I kept thinking I must have gotten something wrong. Had several people look at it before I realized the problem.
I made the call to MOEN (Tuesday) & explained the problem. I told him that the faucets were pre-assembled & looked like the photo on the box (pointer on bottom) but the pointer would point at the cold when the handle is turned to the left (hot.) The service rep told me not to go by the photo on the box. He said the picture on the instructions was correct (the pointer on the one-handled faucet should be on top.) End of that conversation (I think it was their closing time.)
Next day (Wednesday) I called back. I said there's no way (& sent pictures to prove it) the handle can be turned around 180 degrees since the set screw is offset & has a 'U' shaped slot. Actually it could, but would look absolutely ridiculous. After reviewing the photos, 'Brandon'-the Wednesday service rep, said the photo on the instructions was from an older model & to go by the photo on the box. After my suggesting there's a HUGE DESIGN FLAW in that scenario, Brandon kept insisting the faucet was assembled correctly. (The picture on the box showed a different hot & cold cap than the one I had. And unlike Brandon's condescending comment of, 'That's why we put the 'H' and 'C' on the handle',... there IS no 'H' and 'C' on this faucet handle.) I'm not happy.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Replacement idea
What I disliked
- Service after the replacement
- Reason of review:
- Replacement has HUGE design flaw.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bathroom Faucet
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Faucet sprayer (7590csl) broke. Contacted moen support, lifetime warranty is a joke. The sprayer was broken, easy fix, just twist off old and replace. Not this time, they sent the..."
- "In June 2011 I purchased a pool from Namco a few months ago we noticed it was rusting and leaking. Not happy with the offer they are making a new..."
- "Hello my name is Alan Gordon. I also had them put in an above ground pool. Very dissatisfied to say the least. Mark promised me a level pool. Well after..."
- "Went for trim. Hair butt length. Girl screwed up and manager had to fix. Now my hair is shoulder length, i cried during the fix. I am tramatized by this...."
- "I oredered two Tshirts and a matching phone case beginning of 12/3/16. They shipped me the wrong item with the wrong artwork. The artwork was a bunny not a ***..."
- "My husband bought me 2 dozen flowers for my birthday. $131.00 total Day two these roses began to wilt and head south. I called the company and was told they..."
- "I bought an 80 dollar drone. Well to.say about flying three times one of the propellers stopped working and now can't fly.. very very up setting to buy something and..."
- "I purchased a nuwave oven pro and my dome cracked in several places on it and a piece fell off the dome from where one one the places it..."
- "This company is a SCAM!!! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING. I ordered $44.00 flowers to be delivered they charged me $109.00 I called never spoke to a person and the..."